Work is busy, and you’re short-staffed. The last thing on your mind is employee training. However, it’s actually key to remaining competitive and keeping your employees happy. Here’s why.
The Many Benefits of On-the-Job Training
When you offer job training to your employees, you’ll give them a boost and your bottom line too because:
- Employees will be more satisfied at work, which will improve morale. This impacts your culture overall, as well as customer and employee retention.
- Employees will be more motivated when they are learning new skills or expanding existing ones, so they’re able to reach company goals.
- Training employees can lead to improved efficiencies, better products and services, more creativity and innovation, and improved financial gains as a result.
- Training employees also helps you to recruit better-quality candidates. You can promote your training efforts, showcasing how you invest in your people and enhancing your image as an employer of excellence.
- You can reduce hazards and associated liability in areas such as safety, diversity, sexual harassment, and more when you offer regular training.
In addition, with employee training, you can address any particular weaknesses, improve performance, and increase happiness at work overall. If an employee is underperforming in an area, you can also retrain them in a different role, one better suited for them.
Different Types of Employee Training to Consider
Training clearly offers a wide range of benefits to your company, your team, and even your customers. There are many different types to consider, though, before you make a move and implement a formal training program. This way, it will be as meaningful and effective as possible.
Some different types you can consider include safety training, communication and public speaking classes, diversity conferences, micro-learning videos, mobile applications, computer and software online courses, and more. Just keep in mind the best kind of employee training is relevant, timely, helpful to the employee, and targeted to their specific performance needs.
In addition, if you have high potential employees, job training is key to developing them into your company’s next leaders. This way, you can avoid the high costs of recruiting executives and simply promote from within. Some ways to do this include through a mentoring program, job coaching, and leadership conferences and seminars.
Need Help Hiring & Training New Employees?
At PrideStaff, we’re one of Phoenix’s leading staffing agencies and work with all kinds of companies in a range of industries. We can help with recruiting and hiring, as well as onboarding and training, leading to better retention and a more successful team. To learn more, simply contact us today.