If so, then those inconveniences are likely wearing down your staff. As one of the top staffing agencies in Phoenix, PrideStaff knows that one or two might not prove to be a big deal. But problems occur – in the form of lower productivity and unhappy employees – when frustrations abound in your office.
So what are some annoyances that are impacting employee morale? According to Expert Market, an office supply marketplace for employers, these are the top 10:
- Slow, old computers. When it takes someone five minutes to save a Word file, it’s going to eventually drive them up the wall. In those cases, it’s time for a rebuild or a new computer entirely.
- Uncomfortable chairs. Bad seating can literally be causing your employees pain. While you don’t need to buy high end office chairs, you do need to ensure your team has comfortable seating.
- Malfunctioning printer. A printer that’s constantly breaking down – 4 minutes before a big client meeting – can continuously send your employees into panic mode. If the repair company is on speed dial, it’s time to invest in some new equipment.
- Faulty heater or air conditioning. No one wants to be boiling and sweating, or ice cold. When the temperature in your office is one extreme or the other, it’s time for an upgrade.
- Photocopier not working properly. There’s certain office equipment that’s regularly in demand. The photocopier is one of them. If yours doesn’t work right – or is always breaking down – save your staff frustration by getting a new one.
- Bad office lighting. Poor lighting can cause employees to strain to see their work. It can also impact their mood in a negative way.
- Unreliable phone system. When customers continually get disconnected, it’s time to replace the phone system.
- Unpleasant communal toilets. Communal bathrooms are one thing. But communal bathrooms that are rarely cleaned are unacceptable.
- Cramped, old desk. You may not be able to offer high end office space to every employee. But at least make sure their office furniture isn’t battered and broken.
- Broken coffee machine. Many employees live on their daily doses of coffee. So when the coffee machine is perpetually broken, it’s going to lead to unhappy staff.
While these issues may not seem like a big deal, the fact of the matter is that if they’re impacting employee morale, then they’re also impacting retention. And if people don’t want to work at your company anymore, they’re going to tell their friends and contacts, harming your employer brand in the process.
Need more help improving your employer brand – and finding top-notch people for your team? Call PrideStaff. As one of the top staffing agencies in Phoenix, our specialists can help you with the process from start to finish, giving you access to the skilled and dependable people you need. To learn more, contact us today.