How would you like to be part of an organization that has been named one of best companies to work for? Fortune has released its list for the 100 best companies to work for in 2012. Some companies have moved up in the rankings since last year, others have slipped and this year, an Arizona-based company made the list. Companies that made the cut tend to exhibit job growth, have low employee turnover and offer perks and benefits that makes them standout from their competitors. If you live in the Phoenix/Tempe area, here are eight companies you may want to consider sending your resume too.
- Edward Jones: Coming in fifth with 1,231 employees in Phoenix, Edward Jones only saw a 1 percent job growth. However, with 11,000 offices nationwide, the investment firm is proud to report that not a single layoff resulted from the recession. As an analyst, you could earn a nice salary of nearly $79,000.
- USAA: The financial services firm for military members ranked 20th with 3,195 employees in Phoenix and a 7 percent spike in jobs. Employees enjoy amenities such as a medical clinic, an indoor walking path, and tennis, basketball and volleyball courts. A software developer for USAA can expect to pull in around $96,300.
- Scottrade: With only 32 employees in Phoenix, Scottrade managed to pull in an impressive ranking at 31 and reported a job growth of 9 percent. The discount brokerage firm has never had a layoff, and employees are eligible for a 5 percent interest on their checking accounts. If you are a branch manager, you’ll bring home around $80,000 annually.
- Perkins Cole: The law firm came in at 58 on Fortune’s list, employs 147 workers in Phoenix and reported a 7 percent job growth. The Seattle-based company’s cliental includes big names like Amazon and Craigslist and are known for throwing parties! Your legal expertise could earn you $190,000.
- American Express: The financial institution landed in the 60th spot with 7,526 employees just in Phoenix and saw a 4 percent in job growth. American Express employees must like their jobs because turnover is only at 7 percent for full-timers and 16 percent of its U.S. workforce has been with the company for 20 years. Mangers at American Express bring home a salary of $114,000.
- Quik Trip: If you want to work for a convenience store, make it Quik Trip. The chain ranked 66th with 1,319 Phoenix employees and reported a 3 percent job hike. Store managers make nearly $70,000.
- Mayo Clinic: The nonprofit medical practice made the list at 71 with 5,238 employees in Phoenix on the payroll. The clinic only saw a 3 percent in job increase but a quarter of the workforce can proudly say they’ve been there for more than 15 years.
- Go Daddy: The Web-based domain registrar headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona ranked 93rd on the list with 942 employees and a staggering 25 percent job growth. A software developer for Go Daddy can earn $105,000 and a sales and support representative can pull in $70,900 annually. To make it an even better place to work, Go Daddy offers great benefits such as 100 percent health care coverage, compressed work weeks and telecommuting. Not to mention, they never have layoffs.
Interested in working for a top company in Phoenix?
At PrideStaff, we are one of the top employment agencies in Phoenix and Tempe. Whether looking for a temporary job in Phoenix or a full-time job in Tempe, we can help! Search our available Phoenix and Tempe jobs now.